Monday, September 22, 2008

A Busy Summer

Seeing as this week was the first week of fall, I think it is time for an update from our busy summer....(that and it has been 4 months-hey, my computer was messed up)! Here are some of our highlights from our summer traveling and other fun!

We started the summer by flying to North Carolina, to my niece's graduation from High School.

Trying to take Lilu's diploma


Snuggling with "Tia Tita"

with his cute cousins!


Matthew spent some time with his great grandma-Abuelita Haydee


Next, here in SoPas, Matthew was finally old enough for nursery (woo-hoo!)...

and then, I became nursery leader! (uh-oh!)

Enjoying the bubbles and toys

I love this picture of his wild ways-running around without a shoe

this pic was too funny....he seems to be threatening Joy with a toy cucumber!
(sorry Kimberly!)


Fourth of July was fun too, Matthew had a great time watching the SoPas Parade...

Then, our neice, Priscilla came to visit us for a month! It was so much fun! We miss you Pri!

Some fun pics at the Sta.Monica Pier and the LA Arboretum with our friends!





Finally, We were able to go "home" to Costa Rica and visit my family

Here are some pics at an animal farm we visited

Matthew and his cousin Joshua (the closest in age)


Feeding the piglets


Then, my sister and her kids and Spencer and I were able to go white water rafting in CR! It was so much fun!


Spence and I getting drenched


yup, that's us under that waterfall!

Taking a swim!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm glad to finally see a post! It looks like you had a fun summer. Matthew looks cute like always! You look great also. Take care!

elizabeth cullimore said...

We're glad you're back from all your traveling! We love hanging out with you guys!

Janie said...

I'm so glad you have a new post! Looks like you have had a ton of fun. I'm loving the picture of you guys getting soaked on the river trip. Nice. :) It was so fun to see you last weekend! Let's do Disneyland soon!!!

Lorie said...

Yeah, I'm so glad you finally posted. Those white water rafting pictures are awesome. It's beautiful, and looks like so much fun. It was so fun to see you this weekend. Maybe we an hang out again sometime soon.

The Tate Fam said...

Looks like you had a wonderful summer! We miss you guys! Let me know when you come back to Indy so we can get together!