Thursday, June 18, 2009

Finally, Costa Rica picture updates

So I know it has been a while since we have been back from our trip but I am still going to post these pictures because there are so many other things I also want to post about soon :) I know there are a lot so I hope you enjoy and aren't too bored! We really had a fun time!

M started off enjoying a really nice Easter egg hunt with his cousin, Joshua, and loved his Easter basket too...
Then we headed out to the Beach for a week where Matthew ate sand (I have no idea why he still does this??), watched monkeys, birds, and iguanas and played, played, played in the pool
By Far, my most memorable outing on the trip was this trip to a Costa Rican Safari called "Africa Mia" (My Africa). We got to feed deer, ostrich, camels, etc. and got to see zebras, monkeys, antelope, etc. However, the highlight of the trip was this awesome encounter with a Giraffe! We got to pet and hug him!!! M was a little scared :)

We also went trout fishing at these little ponds and M really enjoyed spending time with his granparents here. He was so excited to catch fish!

We got to see and visit lots of animals: horses, a cow farm, a zoo/park, amusement park, and some beautiful gardens.
p.s. the cow farm WAS stinky (smelly, not un-fun)




But the most favorite part of all was spending time with Family! M loved hanging out with his cousins, grandparents, aunts, and uncles. He really enjoyed watering my parents backyard and gardening (a.k.a. picking green tomatoes) with his grandpa and just hanging out!


We can't wait to go back and miss everyone lots!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Looks like you had a great time! I love the pictures and there was a perfect amount of text to go along with them...meaning that I didn't get bored. :)

California Garners said...

Great pictures. It looks like a fun trip. I bet your kids grow up with great memories of your trips.

Kerri said...

Holy Cow - that vacation looks so perfect! Thanks for posting all the pictures - it was fun to live vicariously through you! My favorite is definitely the ones with the giraffe. What an awesome experience!

Janie said...

I can't believe you caught the giraffe on the camera. Nice shots! Matthew is so big! What a fun vacation. We need to get together soon now that we're both back in CA. :)