Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Baby Número 2

So, I always thought that it was the third or fourth kid that didn't get as much attention from his parents....Can you tell I feel guilty about not posting earlier that we are expecting our second?? Well, at least I kept it updated on facebook! Yes, we are pregnant (due in September)and thrilled! I have noticed however, that I am not as thrilled about being pregnant and some other stuff as I was with Matthew. I am ready to just be handed over a 6 month old, cute, chubby, sleeping through the night baby.
I am happy to say though that I am feeling SO much better. I was seriously sick for the first 3 1/2-4 months bad! This was a new experience for me! Matthew was an easy pregnancy (minus the kidney stone and bed rest)...I never got sick with him. Which leads me to guess it is a girl. If this isn't a girl then what they say about every pregnancy being different has been proven. I will let you know.
So needless to say when you have a 2 year old running around and keeping you distracted a second pregnancy goes by faster and sadly, less "recorded" (at least for me). Sorry second baby! I will be better.
We really do feel very blessed to have another one on the way. Having a child really has made our lives so much fuller! We love Matthew so much and are excited to meet this new little one and have him/her be part of our family!
On another note, Matthew and I are relaxing and enjoying our family in Costa Rica. We will be here for over a month- trying not to distract Spencer from working hard and studying for his comprehensive finals from USC at the end of this month and graduation in May...WOO HOO! I will try and download some of the pics of our fun adventures here we have had soon. We miss Spencer but are glad he is getting his stuff done (and will be graduating soon) and LOVE being around so much family!

10 comments:

California Garners said...

Wow - a long time to be away. But fun to visit with family. Spencer will have lots of time for study, and missing his family. Congratulations on another baby - hope you feel well through the rest of the pregnancy.

Jessica said...

Yay!! I'm so excited for you! The 2nd does go by faster and less recorded. I guess that's just life huh? Have fun in Costa Rica! Are you staying in California and your place after Spencer graduates?

Laisa said...

Debbie!!! Congratulations! So funny that we're all pregnant at the same time. I'm so glad you're feeling better. I'll be there in a couple of weeks - can't wait to see you!!! Lots of love!

Laisa said...

Maybe I won't see you - sad!

The Tate Fam said...

Congrats! That's exciting news! Hope you are having fun in Costa Rica.

Curteis said...

congratulations! that is very exciting- I hope the pregnancy gets better and better! and have fun in Costa rica!! love you guys!!

Curteis said...

this is tisha posting by the way!

Kaelyn said...

I am so excited for you guys to have another little one! The Couts' side needs more little girls! Or maybe Rachael could use a little girl cousin on that side! So a girl is my vote! I bet Matthew would love a brother to pal around with though!! We are also so excited for Spencer! Hope all is going well! Enjoy the rest of your trip! We love you guys!

The Proctor Group said...

I'm so excited for Baby Paige to have a little buddy to play with! I'm also glad you are feeling better :) Can't wait to find out what you are having.

The Pachuilo Family said...

Congrats! Keep us posted on what your having and how your doing. It will go by so fast. I will tell you that so far the second one is much better and easier. Well at least it has been for us.
Tell Spencer good luck with the studying.